Schaesberg Castle: a social project
Important social role
Schaesberg Castle will also play an important social role in the region by stimulating a sense of cohesion and ownership among local people, and promoting paid and volunteer working opportunities, education, and internships.
People with short- or long-term disabilities or other difficulties can:
- Get back into the habit of working.
- Be introduced to a variety of disciplines and activities, whilst experiencing the joy of manual work such as bricklaying, woodworking, forging, gardening, stonework, and roofing.
- Gain relevant experience that may help them to continue into employment or further education. As part of our social role, we have entered into a large number of collaborative partnerships involving many volunteer workers.
As well as creating employment opportunities, we are training young craftsmen and women and preparing them for employment. We offer disabled and other volunteers a purposeful experience, which is one of the main reasons why we receive grants for this project.
People with a disadvantage in the labor market (temporarily or more permanently) can at Slot Schaesberg:
- Gain work rhythm.
- Get acquainted with different disciplines and activities such as bricklaying, woodworking, blacksmithing, gardening and much more.
- Learn the rudiments of various crafts and specializations. With the experience gained, they can then move on to training or a workplace at a company.
- Experience how nice it is to have something concrete come out of your own hands and to contribute to Slot Schaesberg.
Slot Schaesberg is altijd op zoek naar vrijwilligers. Heb je interesse of ken je iemand die in deze omgeving helemaal op zijn plek zou zijn? Neem dan zeker contact met ons op!